Important Information regarding Annual Membership
An annual membership in the National Scholastic Surfing Association permits members to compete in Regional Conference contests from August through June. In addition to competing in the NSSA's well organized and structured events, NSSA membership offers a variety of other benefits.
- Remember: You cannot register in any of the scheduled events unless your NSSA membership is completed.
- All NSSA members of the North East Conference, Southeast Conference, Mid Atlantic Conference or SE/North Conferences can compete on the Puerto Rico Conference and all Puerto Rico Conference Members can compete on any Eastern Conferences events (NE, Southeast, Mid Atlantic or SE/North Conferences).
- All members can fine tune their competitive skills with the best amateur surfers in the United States. Student surfers who are scholastic achievers can also gain recognition and awards as NSSA members. In addition, student/surfers are afforded an opportunity for scholarship funds for post-high school education or training.
- All members will benefit from the NSSA Junior Program Evaluation included with your NSSA Puerto Rico Conference membership
- Competing in NSSA Conference contests allows members to qualify for an invitation to the Eastern and the NSSA National Championships. A minimum of 4 events must be surfed to receive check in points to qualify for East Coast Regional Championship. To compete at the NSSA Nationals in California, all surfers need to compete on the East Coast Regionals.
After registering your membership: 1) The NSSA (Head Quarters, California) will update our records 2) An email will be sent to let you register into each events of the series. Sometimes updates are quickly received; If you do not received an email in 12 hr, please contact us! 3) After Welcome email is received, you can register in the events of your choice using the provided links at the nssapuertorico.org site.
When registering in the event doing multiple registrations please follow these instructions:
- For each transaction except the final one, click the Invoice me button rather than the Pay online button.
- For the final transaction, click the Pay online button and all the transactions will be combined into a single payment.